1.9.13

crispy, chewy chocolate chip cookies.


Cookie nirvana for me is when they are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. They also have to be bite sized, so that I can easily pop them in my mouth. This recipe that I've tried here checks all 3 boxes. And even though they are small, they still remain chewy in the middle without becoming too crispy.


The one thing I would change about these cookies is the sugar level. They were a little too sweet for my liking even though I had already reduced the sugar. I would go as much as reducing the sugar by half. But then again I don't really have a sweet tooth even though I like to bake sweet things. 
Ironic? Yes.


These babies only requires 15 mins of prep and 15 mins of baking max. Within half an hour, you would have the whiff of these cookies filtering through the living room.







crispy, chewy chocolate chip cookies
makes 40 bite sized cookies
adapted from allrecipes.com

2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup melted unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 cup chocolate chips

note: it turned out a little too sweet for my liking, I would reduce both sugars by half

  1. preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
  2. sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
  3. in a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
  4. bake for 10 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. 

1 comment:

  1. These cookies sound perfect to me: crispy on the outside and soft on the inside... that's like cookie heaven, I love it!
    Have a nice day c:

    ReplyDelete